We look forward to be back delivering yummy food next week (the 26th) but in the meantime here are two more delicious seasonal recipes for you to enjoy!
Pad Thai with Ground Chicken or Pork
Pad Thai with Ground Chicken or Pork Recipe (4-6 People, 30 min):From the store/market: 600 g ground pork/chicken 1 pkt spaghetti 1 bag (500 g) bean sprouts 4 limes ½ cup fish sauce (Fortinos/Asian supermarket) 5 garlic cloves 1 red pepper 2 carrots 100 g raw cashews 4 green onions 1 bunch cilantro From the pantry: 3 eggs Brown sugar Peanut butter Chili flakes Oil
- Bean sprouts: Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add 1 bag bean sprouts and blanch in the water for no more than 30 seconds. Scoop them out (with a strainer or/and slotted spoon works best. Keep the water for the spaghetti).
- Noodles: Once water is boiling again, break 1 pkt spaghetti in half and add to the water. Cook according to package instructions.
- Vegetables: Chop 1 red pepper, peel and grate 2 carrots. Peel and chop 5 garlic cloves.
- Heat a large pan/wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil and the garlic and fry for 20 seconds. Add ½-1 ½ tsp chili flakes and 1 pkt ground pork, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a bowl, squeeze the juice of 3 limes and mix with 3 Tbsp honey, ½ Cup fish sauce and 2 Tbsp peanut butter.
- When noodles are done, drain them and place back in the pot. Add bean sprouts.
- When the meat is cooked, add it to the noodles and crack 3 eggs into the pan. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and cook while stirring. When set, add the pepper and carrots and fry for another minute. Add veggie mix to the noodles and mix.
- Pour sauce over noodles. Chop 1 bunch cilantro and mix half into the noodles.
- Chop 1 tub cashews and 1 bunch green onions.
- Serve the Pad Thai garnished with extra cilantro, cashews and green onions.
Salmon Cakes with Peach SalsaSalmon Cakes with Colorful Peach Salsa & New Potatoes (4-6 people, 30 min): From the store/market: 600 g salmon fillets 750 g- 1 kg new potatoes 1 jalapeno chili ¾ Cup Balkan yogurt (6%) 1 lime 2 red peppers 100 g spinach 3 peaches 2 green onions From the pantry: Oil 1 egg Salt Potato or corn starch Honey
- Potatoes: Bring a large pot of water with ½ tsp salt to a boil. Add 1 bag potatoes, cover the pot, lower the heat and cook for 10-15 min. (Cut potatoes into quarters or halves if they are bigger).
- Salmon: De-skin and finely chop or roughly mix 1 pkt salmon (the fastest way to do this is in a food processor, but it works well to chop it too) and add to a mixing bowl.
- Finely grate the peel of 1 lime and finely chop 1 jalapeno chili. Add half of the jalapeno to salmon along with lime peel, 1 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp corn or potato starch and 1 egg. Mix to combine.
- Heat a 1 Tbsp oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Shape the salmon into 4-6 cakes and fry them in the pan, about 3-4 min on each side (don’t try to flip them too early or they will fall apart!).
- Salsa: In a medium-sized bowl, add 1 tub yogurt, and mix in remaining jalapeno, juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp honey and ¼-½ tsp salt. Peel and chop 3 peaches, deseed and chop 2 red peppers, roughly chop 100 g spinach and finely chop 2 green onions and mix all of them into the yogurt. (Want it spicier? Add some chili powder, or pick up 2 jalapenos from the store!)
- Serve the cakes with the potatoes and salsa.