As you know, dinnerlicious! is closed for a couple of weeks!
We’ll be back delivering yummy food on the 26th, but in the meantime here are a couple of tasty recipes for you to enjoy!
Summer Burger with Peach & Tomato Salad
Summer Burger with Peach & Tomato Salad Recipe (4-6 people):From the store/market: 600 g ground beef/turkey 2 sweet potatoes (or regular) 6 burger buns 6 sundried tomatoes 1 bunch basil 1 red onion 3-4 ripe peaches 2 vine or field tomatoes 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes 2 handfuls mixed lettuce/spinach 1 piece + ¼ cup crumbled feta From the pantry: 1 tsp ground cumin Salt Pepper 5 Tbsp olive oil 1 Tbsp sherry (or red or white) vinegar 1 tsp honey/sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Fries: Cut potatoes into wedges. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Cook in the oven 15-20 min (20-25 min if using regular potatoes instead of sweet). Place the burgers buns in the oven during the last couple of minutes.
- Burgers: Grate or finely chop ½ red onion and chop the leaves of 1 bunch basil (set 2 Tbsp aside for the salad), chop 6 sundried tomatoes.
- Place 600 g ground beef (or turkey or chicken), onion, basil and sundried tomatoes in a bowl. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp ground cumin, ½ tsp salt and ¼-½ tsp pepper. Mix well. Shape into 6 large burgers. Indent middle slightly with your thumb.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp oil and the burgers (you may need to work in batches). Fry 5-6 min, turn and fry 4-5 min more, until browned and cooked through. (There shouldn’t be any pink inside). You can also BBQ or cook the burgers in the oven – see below.
- Slice 1 vine tomato for the burgers. Slice 1 piece feta cheese.
- Salad: In a salad bowl combine 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar (or white, red or cider vinegar), 1 tsp honey, 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Thinly slice remaining ½ red onion. Pit and cut peaches into wedges. Cut vine tomato into wedges. Halve grape tomatoes. Add to the bowl along with crumbled feta and remaining basil. Toss to combine.
- Serve the burgers on the buns sliced tomatoes, feta and lettuce, peach & tomato salad and sweet potato fries!
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables with Halloumi Cheese & Pasta (4-6 people)
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables with Halloumi Cheese & Pasta Recipe (4-6 people):From the store/market: 1 pkt pasta 1 pkt halloumi cheese 3 garlic cloves 1 red onion 3 bell peppers 1 eggplant 2 zucchini From the pantry: Salt Pepper Balsamic vinegar Dijon mustard Olive oil Dried thyme Dried basil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Dressing: Add 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp Dijon mustard to a medium bowl. Whisk and gradually add ¼ Cup olive oil. Finely chop 3 garlic cloves and add to the bowl, along with 1 tsp thyme, ½ tsp basil, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper (you may need more salt, but better to add it once you taste the vegetables).
- Vegetables: Peel, halve and finely slice 1 ½ red onion. Place in a large bowl. Deseed and slice 1 yellow pepper, 1 red pepper and 1 orange pepper into 1/2 –inch wide strips. Add to bowl. Quarter 1 eggplant length-wise and slice into ½-inch thick slices. Halve 2 zucchinis and slice into 1/3-inch thick slices. Add to bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide vegetables between 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Slice 1 pkt halloumi cheese thinly and place on top of the vegetables. Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly brown around edges, about 15 min.
- Pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 pkt pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Serve the pasta topped with the vegetables and halloumi! Enjoy!